Below are steps for making sour cream using our Sour Cream Starter Culture.
- Heat cream to 145°F and hold at that temperature for 45 minutes.
- Cool cream to 77ºF.
- Add starter culture and stir gently until powder is fully dissolved.
- Transfer to a glass jar; cover with a coffee filter or tight-weave cloth and secure with a rubber band.
- Place the jar in a warm spot, 74-77°F, to culture for 16-18 hours.
- Once the sour cream has set, place a tight lid on the jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Sour cream will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Click here to view and download a PDF of the instruction sheet that was included with your Sour Cream Starter Culture.