When you are ready to increase your Kombucha batch sizes, take a look at the ingredient ratios below. It is important to stay at 1 quart until your dehydrated scoby is fully rehydrated and working at full capacity.
Note: For best results stick with 1 quart batches until a new scoby forms. General rule of thumb is if a scoby can't support a 1 quart batch, it won't be able to culture 1 or half gallons.
Kombucha Ingredient Ratios
- 1 1/2 teaspoon loose tea OR 2 tea bags
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-3 cups water
- 1/2 cup starter tea or vinegar
- 1 tablespoon loose tea OR 4 tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6-7 cups water
- 1 cup starter tea or vinegar
- 2 tablespoons loose tea OR 8 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 13-14 cups water
- 2 cups starter tea or vinegar
You may also want to take a look at Setting Up a Kombucha Continuous Brewing System in order to create the ability to have endless Kombucha.